Some features and functionality in curl and libcurl are considered EXPERIMENTAL.
Experimental support in curl means:
- Experimental features are provided to allow users to try them out and provide feedback on functionality and API etc before they ship and get “carved in stone”.
- You must enable the feature when invoking configure as otherwise curl will not be built with the feature present.
- We strongly advice against using this feature in production.
- We reserve the right to change behavior of the feature without sticking to our API/ABI rules as we do for regular features, as long as it is marked experimental.
- Experimental features are clearly marked so in documentation. Beware.
Experimental features right now
- HTTP/3 support and options
- alt-svc support and options