Triage (fx triage)
Reviewed on: 2019-12-08
Triage analyzes snapshots for out-of-range values. The analysis is specified by configuration files.
To add this project to your build, append
--with //src/diagnostics/triage in the
fx set invocation.
fx set core.chromebook-x64 --with '//topaz/bundles:buildbot' --with //src/diagnostics/triage
fx triage see Triage command line tool.
To configure Triage see [Triage configuration format]. Config file format is described in Configuring ‘fx triage’. It includes:
- Selectors which specify the data to extract from the inspect.json produced by snapshot.zip.
- Eval expressions which specify calculations.
- Actions to take on specified values.
- Tests to ensure your actions trigger (or not) appropriately with sample data you supply.
--with //src/diagnostics/triage:tests for all tests.
Unit tests for the Rust code are linked into CQ/CI. There are also a series of integration tests which live in the integration.rs file which are run in CQ/CI as well. To run them manually:
fx test triage_lib_tests
- //tools/devshell/contrib/triage - A bash script which implements the entry point to the “fx triage” command.
- Invokes //src/diagnostics/triage/src/main.rs to analyze a snapshot.
- Entry point of the main “triage” program. Parses command line arguments, loads files, launches analysis, and formats output.
- metrics.rs - Data structures and calculation engine for metrics.
- metrics/fetch.rs - Business logic to read values from the inspect.json file.
- act.rs - Data structures and business logic to store and carry out actions.
- validate.rs - The data structures and business logic to store and evaluate the self-tests specified in the config files.
- config.rs - Loads configuration information from *.triage files.
- config/parse.rs - A
nom-based parser for Eval metrics.
- //src/diagnostics/triage/test_data/ - Data which is used in integration testing.
- triage_config_test.gni defines a gn target to run config tests in CQ.
- triage_config_test_runner defines a binary which executes the tests for the triage_config_test.gni target.