Triage (fx triage)
Reviewed on: 2019-12-08
Triage analyzes bugreports for out-of-range values. The analysis is specified by configuration files.
To add this project to your build, append
--with //src/diagnostics/triage in the
fx set invocation.
fx set core.chromebook-x64 --with '//topaz/bundles:buildbot' --with //src/diagnostics/triage
To fetch and analyze a fresh bugreport from the default device:
To analyze an existing bugreport:
fx triage --inspect /path/to/bugreport.zip
To specify config files to use:
fx triage --config path/file1 --config path/file2 --config "path/with/globs/*.triage"
Note that the triage command, not the OS, must expand the globs, so put the path in quotes.
TODO(cphoenix): Should these paths be relative to tree-root, or CWD?
Config file format is described in Configuring ‘fx triage’. It includes:
- Selector metrics which specify the data to extract from the inspect.json produced by bugreport.zip
- Eval metrics which specify calculations
- Actions to take if a condition is true (currently, only “print a warning”)
- Tests to ensure your actions trigger (or not) appropriately with sample data you supply.
--with //src/diagnostics/triage:tests for all tests.
Unit tests for the Rust code are linked into CQ/CI. To run them manually:
fx test triage_lib_tests
There's a manually launched integration test to test the bash script:
fx build && fx triage --test
- //tools/devshell/contrib/triage - A bash script which implements the entry point to the “fx triage” command.
- By default, it invokes //src/diagnostics/triage/src/main.rs to analyze a bugreport.
- With the
--test argument, it dispatches an integration test by invoking //src/diagnostics/triage/ test/src/main.rs.
- main.rs - Entry point of the main “triage” program. It reads command line arguments, loads the config files and inspect.json file that they specify, and then processes the actions and self-tests specified in the config files.
- metrics.rs - Data structures and calculation engine for metrics.
- metrics/fetch.rs - Business logic to read values from the inspect.json file.
- act.rs - Data structures and business logic to store and carry out actions.
- validate.rs - The data structures and business logic to store and evaluate the self-tests specified in the config files.
- config.rs - Loads configuration information from *.triage files.
- config/parse.rs - A
nom-based parser for Eval metrics.
- //src/diagnostics/triage/test/src/main.rs - Integration tester that invokes the “fx triage” script and evaluates its output.
- triage_config_test.gni defines a gn target to run config tests in CQ.
- triage_config_test_runner defines a binary which executes the tests for the triage_config_test.gni target.