CliDoc is a command-line tool that generates documentation for core Fuchsia developer tools based on their --help output
- Include clidoc by adding a direct or indirect reference to it in your
fx set (e.g.
fx set core.x64 --with //tools/clidoc)
- Build with
fx build tools/
- Run with
fx clidoc or
fx clidoc <List of allowed commands>
- If you don't specify a list of commands, clidoc defaults to an internal allowlist of commands in //tools/clidoc/src/main.rs
- When you specify a list of commands, absolute paths are used as-is and relative paths are on the input_path.
fx clidoc --help to see options, including setting the input and output directory.
- The default input directory is the parent directory of this clidoc tool, which contains host tool executables. It is most likely //out/default/host_x64 or //out/default/host-tools.
- The default output directory is whichever directory the user is in when executing the clidoc command.